HOW TO APPLY
We do not have admissions in the Spring.
To initiate an application, you can apply online.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Statement of Purpose (Include your reasons for choosing neuroscience as a career and your past research experience, if any)
- Official Transcript(s)
- We require international school transcripts to be evaluated for equivalency with U.S. Standards. The preferred place for this evaluation is the World Education Services (WES). WES charges a fee and requires an original transcript sent directly by the school. Please have WES send their evaluation directly to the Office of Biomedical Graduate Education at the address listed below.
- TOFEL/IELTS (international student applicants only). The TOEFL code for Biomedical Graduate Education at Georgetown University is B191.
- All applicants who did not receive an undergraduate degree or higher from a school where English was the primary language of instruction must submit either a TOEFL/IELTS score. The minimum TOEFL score for admission is 550 (paper test) and 80 (Internet-based test) unless otherwise specified by the program. The minimum IELTS score for admission is 7.0. Biomedical Graduate Education TOEFL Code is B191.
- International applicants are strongly encouraged to participate in a third-party, unscripted interview with a company such as InitialView. While an interview is not required, it can help strengthen a prospective student’s application. Interviews do not replace the TOEFL or IELTS; TOEFL or IELTS score submission is required. Fluency in English is imperative for success in the MS in Integrative Neuroscience program.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or MCAT (recommended but not required). Biomedical Graduate Education GRE/MCAT Code is 5244.
- MS Integrative Neuroscience Supplemental Application
GENERAL ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
The Biomedical Graduate Education admissions page contains a general overview of the admissions process including a breakdown of general and program-specific admission requirements, a comprehensive FAQ page, and important application information for international applicants.
Scholarships are available from different sources. For more information, please go to the Scholarships & Financial Aid page to see if you qualify. Please note that for some of these scholarships, you must submit your application within 14 days from the day you submit your application.
EVERY APPLICANT MUST SEND ALL HARD-COPY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Office of Biomedical Graduate Education
Attn: MS Credentials — MS Integrative Neuroscience Program
SE108 Medical-Dental Building
3900 Reservoir Road, NW
Washington, DC 20057-1411
If you have any questions regarding the Georgetown University application process, please contact:
Biomedical Graduate Education
For questions regarding the Integrative Neuroscience program or the supplemental application, please contact:
New Research Building, Room EP-04
Kathy Maguire-Zeiss, Ph.D.
Director, MS Program
New Research Building, Room EP-08A